Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Home.

Huge sigh of relief as soon as the plane touches the ground in Changi. I couldn't wait to get out of Columbo. I get the feeling that there's something I'm missing there and that there's one way to fully experience Columbo and appreciate it, and I hadn't.

So did the rounds (as usual). Ministry, Attica, New Asia, Jazz Bar... All the usual haunts-how boring am I?! before heading homewards.

I've been home for a few days now and spreading out the things I've got to do. Its funny how things never seem to get done when I am at home, yet I'm always running around. Well, its been the first time in four years all my stuff is in one place (well, actually two... but everything except work stuff is here) so I guess its time to sift through the junk accumulated through three years of University, almost a year of work abroad, and 6 house moves. Oh and not to mention the crap from school I never bothered to chuck before running off to Uni.

Fun.

Well, good job I didn't throw it all out I suppose since I'm doing a resit at the end of the year.

On Saturday dad and I went to grab a coffee and some cake and I saw my old Economics teacher, Mrs.Isaac. I remember the teachers I had that last year in school so well, and she was probably the one that had the most impact on me. Even though I never pursued the subject, I still remember a good chunk more of it than I do, say Human Responses in first year. Funny that. Anyway, I invited myself back to come into school to talk to some younger aspiring architects. After all, I'm still one myself.

Oh and my sister is due today (woohoo!!) so been bringing her secret stashes of croissants and trashy novels to keep her busy. I think that brings us back to speed...? Not much else seems to be happening around here at the moment but I'm sure I'll find something to do. Maybe I can get myself on one of the planes to Jogja. xxw p.s pictures next-promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home