Monday, May 14, 2007

Because who the hell is that fabulous anyway?!

Its portfolio hand in this week. Which means I've been glued to my computer screen and at the mercy of what memory it has. So, having recieved a phone call where KN goes, 'okay I'm on my way to Selfridges! Join me when you're done' the temptation was too great.

Took the afternoon off on Saturday to hang out with KN and KL, speed shopping and sushi. Although by 6 the guilt was too great and off I skulked back to face AutoSAD. It was just my luck then that my computer decided it was going to take the WEEKEND off. Now, as I am writing this on K's laptop (lucky sod handed his in today and is out celebrating!) my computer is taking its jolly sweet time rendering and scanning. pfft!

Trying to prettify my drawings by adding the usual trees and people-age I go back to my usual references - AA projects review, RCA's annual publication etc etc.. Reminding myself that my Central London choices for doing my Part II are now down to two. With a little twinge of regret/sadness/contempt/hatred - I can't tell my emotions apart these days, but you get the idea - I thumb through my copy of the RCA's Architecture Annual 06. I was so meant for the school and they knew it! *sob sob cry cry*

Then I begin to think about what would happen if I were to go back to Nottingham *gasp!*

I think the first thing I'd do would be to log into facebook and message all my old Uni mates. (After all, that's what its there for, no?) and find out who is going back to good old Notts. Then find someone to live with! All this comes of course, with having to pack my things, sobbing, dividing our books, sob sob, and giving back the keys to our lovely wee flat! sob sob sob! That of course not including deciding with K whether Molly was going to stay in Nottingham or London, and whether he'd come and visit every other weekend. Who would have him for Christmas? and Raya? .....

Oh the details !

Not that there is anything wrong with Nottingham. Or the school for that matter. But what can I say? London is where it is at. As Murray mentioned the other day during my interview, being the capital the architecture students just seem to gravitate towards it especially post Part I. Oh! and just heard on the radio that Tarrant has been accused of assaulting some fellar in MemSaab, an Indian restaurant in Nottingham. See? It makes us all do funny things.

I guess with this final portfolio hand in for the year- before I begin my thesis September begins to feel terribly close. If anyone knows any admissions officers from the central london schools - give them a slap (a real good one!) for attempting to seperate my London family. All I have to do now is impress the socks off my next interview. And of course tell them I'm not leaving until they give me a place. Hear that? I'M. NOT. LEAVING. WITHOUT. A. PLACE. lots of love, xxwidarchitect

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home