Sunday, February 04, 2007

Waxy O' Daisy's

Okay, it doesn't quite have the right ring to it. Waxy's or Waxy O Connor's is a pub near Leicester Square that Kyle and I found while waiting to meet some friends a couple years back. From the front it looks like your regular, bog standard pub-fitted-into-a-corridor type with the bar taking up half the width of the room. A couple steps further in, and its a whole new story with a huge tree-like thing occupying the centre of the hallway that leads you up and down stairs and ramps in this labyrinthine pub.

We hardly go there anymore since finding better, less.. gimmicky places that are closer. Especially since my last project was about the London pub. Sitting for hours in the pub, observing people and routines, why they go there etc etc. You get the picture.

I won't go into detail about my current project just yet, so for now I shall provide a couple of visuals.




So for now my mantlepiece is covered with 'experiments' and it looks quite spooky really. I can't explain it. Just something weird/sad about flowers covered in wax.

For the next while I think I shall be staying away from my home-made experiments as I've run myself down over the past couple of weeks. Have a good week folks. xxw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home