Friday, November 03, 2006

Norfolk Square part II

When I was in London flat hunting and going for interviews etc my parents suggested that I go and stay in Brunei Hall. Kyle had gone home to Spalding and left me on my lonesome, so without my usual partner in crime I was left a little alone in a big city that I was not to familiar with..

But thanks to this alai landan I had company, and a welcoming place to stay.

Prior to this though, I told my cousin 'youknowwhoyouare' ;) that I was going to stay in Brunei Hall in a transit room. My proclamation that I was going to venture into the corridors of BH on my very own were met with a little surprise and if perhaps a little snigger on the end. Why? I asked. ANd she regaled me this horror story:

A friend had gone to stay in a Brunei Hall transit room overnight as she was catching the flight home the following day. Upon reaching Brunei she discovered that she had these little red marks on her body. Brushing the subject off assuming that she had gotten a rash, she didn't think about it again. Some time went by and the red blemishes on her skin did not dissapear so she decided to go the doctors to see if maybe it was some kind of infection perhaps? After examining the condition of her skin the doctor told her that it wasn't a rash that she had, but a foreign object - oh say some form of bug - had embedded underneath her upper epidermis little sacs of larvae.

Yummy.

Now if that isn't enough to put you off those transit rooms I don't know what will! However, I was informed a little later on that the mattresses had been changed in the rooms and the place (hopefully) de-bugged.

BH is full (pardon the pun) of bug stories. Usually having someting to do with mattresses and floors and such. Its not so surprising seeing as the place is full of students a. bringing food in their rooms, b. cooking in their rooms and finally c. being students! (i.e where is the time to tidy up everyday?) Oh and the fact that it is quite an old building has to be taken into consideration.

Still, again I say the place has a certain charm to it, each living space is made individual to its inhabitant(s) and the eternal mission to get over to the boys side and vise versa carries on. Long live BH, I say. xxw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home