Monday, October 16, 2006

Ink Photos

Lately I've had a little obsession with illustrating and drawing so I've been experimenting with inks, graphite and last night charcoal. The charcoal pissed me off so I went back to the inks and this time using it a little more fluidly with water etc etc. So this morning I was experimenting with the ink and discovered the shapes in the water when I dipped my paintbrush. I couldn't help but take a few photos..


inkseries_one Posted by Picasa


inkseries_two Posted by Picasa

We have this huge lamp on my desk which I used to create this one.. looks a little more photoshopped though. Just wish my reflection in the glass wasn't so obvious!


inkseries_three Posted by Picasa


inkseries_four Posted by Picasa


inkseries_five Posted by Picasa


inkseries_six Posted by Picasa
This one is my favorite... Its just a little spooky, no?

Might try experimenting with a square glass next time. I'm not much of a photographer but I love trying out things at the spur of the moment ( when I left the ink too long it sank to the bottom and I had to get a fresh glass)... I have a feeling there will be more of these. xxw

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your inkseries photos..could you do some in other colours too? I wouldn't mind commissioning a set of 3 :) xx

October 17, 2006 12:55 pm  
Blogger Widarchitect said...

oh definately! i'm experimenting with some diff inks and colours at the moment... i'll send you a couple as soon as I find the right combo :) xxw

October 17, 2006 12:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home