Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My fish.

I went out today looking for a fish for a new project. It was supposed to be a £1.50 guppie jobbie, in the bag and home again. Instead I fell in love with this little fella.


This is Genghis. Posted by Picasa

He's a Siamese Half-Moon Fighter and I couldn't let him live in the glass I was going to put the guppie in so I had to get him an abode suitable for such a noble creature. So I came home with this.


This is where Genghis lives. I can't put in that much water yet so I'll have to wait until tomorrow so don't fret. Posted by Picasa

He lives on the window sill next to the rose plant that I'm praying is going to stay alive. So far Molly has resisted the temptation to paw poor Genghis. Well, while we're around anyway. He might be tormenting him while we're not watching. Sneaky little kitty he is. Ah well. I guess I have to go out and find myself a guppie like I originally planned. Hopefully this time I don't come back with a Jemima Khan. xxw

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:O!!!!!!! i want a pet fish toooooooo :'( where did you get it? btw i seen your car in the metro yesterday. my my... what an odd shape.

hmm......

October 05, 2006 1:34 am  
Blogger Widarchitect said...

I know! He's lovely :) I got him from Chee Aquatics near Russell Square tube station down Marchmont Street. But I also went to a fish shop on Camden High Street and they have quite a few there - almost got a spotted puffer cos he looked sooooooo cute! Still, Chee has more fish and plants to choose from so I'd suggest going there.
As for the car? omg I love love love it esp the one with the leopard print on it. Its on http://www.goingreen.co.uk/ xxw

October 05, 2006 10:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shall i come to camden soon to buy myself a fishie then? hehe yaaay i want a fish.

October 05, 2006 6:53 pm  
Blogger Widarchitect said...

you should come to camden anyway! :) Saturday? xxw

October 05, 2006 11:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*waves* hi genghi. cute eh mcm gangster. mcm lil G. lol. kinda reminds me of my gold fish FIFI. bought it during my first year sini at boarding. skali summer came and it died..pasal PANAS. i bought FIFI 2, another goldfish few years after, went home for summer..and then i dont know what happened to it. sigh. At least fighting fish arent as fussy as gold fish. gold fish ani high maintenance bah! pasal ya GOLD atu kali. hahahaha inda jua berapa. hahaha..anyways, happy "fishing"! Slamat berpuasa oso. mwa.

October 06, 2006 2:16 am  
Blogger Widarchitect said...

tell me about it! I knew if I had bought a goldfish it would have been flushed down the toilet eventually. :( Genghis is doing fine at the moment and seems to like his wee house. I think I have found the fish equivalent to a perfect boyfriend - good looking, listens and the only time you have to clean up after him is if he hasn't any hands free. perfecto. xxw

October 06, 2006 1:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home