Saturday, September 30, 2006

My Issues with Russell Brand

photo: http://www.russellbrand.com

Okay so for anyone outside the UK, I'm sure this guy just looks like some scruffy ex-male model who has taken ideas for posses from old take that/e17 /backstreet boys greatest hits cover. But don't be fooled by the chisled jaw, perfectly quiffed hair, shirt buttoned down just so cheesy pose - this man, Russell Brand, is hot hot hot.

Well. I think at least half the population of the country thinks so. The other half don't watch Big Brother. Since Russell Brand started presenting one of the Big Brother shows the man has turned into alternative sex/style-symbol extraordinaire. I believe that the man is the single driving force behind the skinny jeans revolution (for men - Kate has to answer for us trying to squeeze our sausage pins into them) and is perhaps also to blame for the mass chafe-age. G-String sales in the UK have increased by 30% since the drainpipes were in. For men. Now thats power.

Personally I couldn't quite get the hype although I could quite easily understand the attraction. How can you resist a man who looks like he doesn't give a toss about his brilliantly sky-high hair, still feels like a man even though he's got heels higher than the ballet pumps you're wearing, has the balls to wear a cardi whilst simultaneously fitting them into jeans worthy of a stick-thin 14 year old. I mean, just look at these!?



photo: http://www.russellbrand.com

photo: http://www.thedeco.co.uk

well.. okay. Personally, the comedian thing makes the man 100% more attractive. There you go.

So today you couldn't imagine my joy/embarassment/euphoria as I was innocently walking past HMV in Camden minding my 5'2'' line of vision when this giant mess of hair, pout and comic genius quite nearly bowls me over as he tries to escape the crowd.

Yup, I'm that easy to please. xxw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home