Friday, September 29, 2006

Wise words.

The weather is awful today and I've got the classic dilemma of figuring out what to wear. Is it cold? Is it cold enough for a jumper? Oh, sod it. So leave house in cardigan with oversized scarf and jeans.

Half way to bus stop and realise that a) its too cold for just the cardi b) it is going to rain c) I've left the brolly and finally neck is rather warm.

Cursing my first ill-choice (of clothing) for today I wait for the bus cooly plugged into my ipod so that I can pretend to tap my feet from the music even though the batteries died three days ago.

Reach Uni and thankfully it isn't crawling with freshers and I am free to get lost without having a fresher ask me directions when I too am equally as clueless. Ask the guys at the IT desk which way the workshop is and they tell me to check my timetable. The convo goes like this:

Me: Hi. Can you tell me where the workshop is?
ITguy: Check your timetable.
Me: No no, the workshop where I can make some models.
ITgirl: The other students just use the studio space.
Me: I see, but I'm looking for the workshop. You know, the one with all the wood cutting machines in.

ITguy then proceeds to tell me some long convoluted way of getting there (which was simply the basement - go down the stairs until there aren't any more and you're there, love - would have sufficed paly.) So I pretend to understand as I quickly make my exit as hot scarf begins to choke me and I begin to glow profusely.

Finally get things sorted and make way home on the 274 which I have decided is the best bus route in London. Sit at the back of the bus and Kyle makes passing comment about French film in paper. Man sat in front of us who couldn't be any more french if he was in a stripey shirt with a string of garlic, with shaggy Gerard Depardieu do still smoking a fag reading a book in french - has rant about film being the best film in European film-making history and says:

Perhaps you better go watch karate kid.


Classic.

Trudge through Camden running errands stepping quickly into the chinese medical hall for some Wolfberry Fruit - well, if its good enough for Kate and Gwynnie, its good enough for me. Heck, £1.50 for eternal youth in the form of a raisin? Bargain.


Wolfberry Posted by Picasa

As we're walking home Kyle says:

It would be great when we get home for the rain to pour down while we're indoors and dry.

So what happens? The rain pre-empted us and decided it wasn't going to wait until we were inside. Run home cursing scarf once more as it turns into magnet for that lovely acidy london precipitation.

The moral of the story?

Should have stayed in bed. xxw


My boys, home and dry... Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home