Saturday, November 25, 2006

Ar-enn-bee

A couple weeks ago my cousin came down to London for the weekend. During our conversation one night at dinner it became apparent that I had no idea as to what music her and her friends were talking about. Its okay KaWee, she said. You can have some music off my external hard drive.

It started during my first year here. There I was, armed with my trusty blobby blue cd case full of KedaiKomunis Specials. I had most of the things out at the time including a couple staple albums from the big boys. That was in September. By January the cd case tripled in size and I had to invest in one of those massive folders. However, by this time my poor scratched and fading KedaiKomunis Specials had made their way to the back of the folder to make way for the likes of everyone from Marvin Gaye to Morcheeba and Cafe Del Mar to Ryan Adams. As my musical tastes changed I realised there was a hell of a lot of truly good music I was missing and stopped bothering with the top chart releases in my local HMV.

Fast forward to the dinner with my cousin, they were talking about some R&B they were listening to. So quickly quickly I downloaded the files and plopped them onto mypod. I had a good listen through and found a couple tracks I found okay, but was ultimately rather disappointed. Maybe my R&B lovin days were over.

Until last night. Went with Sha to meet up with a couple of her friends at the Elbow room in Angel and it all came flooding right back. Maybe a good sound system and a couple of dance-y friends was all I needed. xxwoop! p.s How brilliant is this track?!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks to u. apal sudah ku lagu gwen stefani ah.. i feel so yummy from head to toe.. tapi kalau ku nyanyi mcm drag queen. hahahahahahahahahaha.

November 27, 2006 10:44 am  
Blogger Widarchitect said...

I kNOW!! addictive song huh? I Love it so much hehehe.. the other one (wind it up) reminds me of vanilla ice. hahHAhHAh

November 27, 2006 3:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home