Sunday, July 30, 2006

Summer in Londonium - "Fun with an Outcome"

Good grief! Its been ages since I've last blogged and plenty has happened! Priceless quality time with the family, 10 bloody kilos overweight in our luggage, way too long on a plane, insane running around the departures in Heathrow, reuniting with my cat Molly a.k.a moo-moo cat, a traditional White Horse afternoon-evening and night, a comedy thing we do not speak of and a swanky night out with my oldest and closest mate - I'm in London baby.

But alas. As its WAY too hot in this lovely lovely landan flat I'm squatting in for the meantime, I'm going to let the photos do the talking.

Another beautiful addition to the family, Iman.

Kyle and I at the Empire with everyone before jetting off to sunny England.

My mum.
Gorgeous baby Zara at the airport saying turrah and providing me with a priceless 1 minute video I can't help but show everyone.

Sha and I - "Alai LANDANNN!"

Birthday Girl

So been in London for the past few days after a warm warm welcome back in Spalding once we arrived - and by warm I mean 35 degrees of warmth! - hoping to catch a few exhibitions. Already managed to get into the AA project review on Thursday before it shut on Friday which was truly inspiring, once again feel in love with architecture after battling with my hate hate relationship with it the past year. Tough love man. Went to the Barbican on Saturday for the first time to catch the Future Cities exhibition which was also fantastic. The entire exhibit especially the early parts on Archigram reminded me once again that it ain't all that serious. No wonder I love this city!

Oh! And if anyone knows how I can score a studio flat in the Barbican? Let me know - I'm in love love love with the place. Absolute architect's utopian dreamstate, yes? Fantabulous.

And for those who are wondering the thing of which we do not speak of which happened on Friday, went okay. Made some classic Widari blunders and coined the perfect dorky tag line which I'm sure will haunt me forever. Comedy scene- middle aged guy, smiley happy English lady and older gentleman who changed the batteries to his hearing aid in the middle of the interview and the blundering idiot that is me as soon as something incredibly important comes along. I'll hear from them on Monday. Fingers crossed folkes.

London rocks, the weather is lovely and summery. If only I didn't miss mine at home. xxw

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you very much kiddo :( Sorry couldn't send Kyle & you off to Landan. Hopefully will bring your bags to you on the 14th Aug, sorry for the delay xx

August 02, 2006 11:51 am  
Blogger Widarchitect said...

I miss you too! Miss hanging out with you crazy kids seeing the world ;) Not to worry about the airport - I hate goodbyes and seeyalaters. Big Loves to all at home in the Big Brother house! xxw

August 05, 2006 1:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home