Monday, July 17, 2006

Kuraman!

Saturday was a bit of a non starter for me. Finally finding a way out of going to a previous invite, it was too late to ring Leila to tell her I could come see her. There goes my saturday night. So I sat down on the couch with a mug of tea and a pile of dvds to watch to wile away my lonely existance at which point Abang calls and tells me to get my sorry ass off the couch I was coming to dinner with them. Well okay in not so many words, and he gave me the chance to decline but I thought well I might as well stuff my face with pizza and good food and not let waste those three and a half laps I had done earlier in the day.

Sunday on the other hand, was awesome from the get go. Even though the get go was at 630am. Kuraman! Here we come!

Kuraman- just off Labuan, surrounded by warm waters and sandy beaches. Paradiso.



A few hundred meters away are pretty good snokelling spots which we had a good poke around. Sadly though, the coral and sealife were a little sparse and you could see traces of what an amazing reef it must have once been. Dynamite fishing in the area destroyed plenty of the coral leaving a few small pockets of untouched coral still teeming with fish. I had no idea that we had so many pretty fish so close by! Dozens of stripey fish and the odd electric blue fish oh and not to mention the abundance of blue starfish- hardy little buggers -made up the population of wildlife that we managed to see.

After a couple of stops to dive and an 'encounter' with a local fisherman in his wee catamaran we came back to the island where we found our barbeque nicely coming along. Dug in like hungry animals since most of us hadn't eaten that morning while Ronald and Roger watched hungrily.

Ronald and Roger


The rest of the afternoon saw us lazing a little, sunning a little, swimming a little and of course, eating a lot. Perfect.

Nothing but us, a sandy barand a couple of wind-beaten chalets.
Oh and a loo.

Swimming off the pier.


My Mad Sailor-a-captaining!

Rachel and I attempting to look normal while everyone else was feeling a little worse for wear.

Boys and their toys! Kyle on the Hog-Machine enjoying dry land.


Joined Mrs.Egg and family at their family football sesh at Jerudong which was more of an excuse for us to eat junk food and lie in the grass. All in all a perfect Sunday. xxw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home